Exemplar video presentations from the live Advances in Cancer Immunotherapy™ (ACI) programs are used as content for online courses. One video has been selected for each topic of the 2017 ACI program (twelve total modules).
The online modules will facilitate understanding of the clinical applications of immunotherapy for disease states with FDA-approved treatments; strategies for overcoming operational and reimbursement barriers to implementing immunotherapy in a community setting; and the identification and management of immune-related adverse events.
This course is Module 10 of 12: The Nursing Perspective on irAEs: Patient Education, Monitoring and Management. This module covers the management of patients with cancer for nurses, key points for patient education on cancer immunotherapies, and management of adverse events/toxicities associated with approved therapies across disease settings. The module also includes case studies on the management of irAEs.
These modules have been designed to meet the educational needs of physicians, pharmacists, registered nurses and other healthcare professionals involved in the care of patients with cancer.
Approximate Time to Complete: 30 minutes
Credit Availabe: Oct. 6, 2017- September 30, 2018
Other Available Modules
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the rationale for common approaches to cancer immunotherapy.
- Identify the appropriate clinical management of common side effects of immunotherapy agents.
- Implement cancer immunotherapy treatments for melanoma, lung, genitourinary, head and neck, and/or hematologic cancers into clinical practice appropriately.
- Provide appropriate care and counsel for patients receiving immunotherapy and their families.
- Pharmacist participants will be able to provide accurate and appropriate counsel as part of the treatment team.