From the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer's (SITC) Advances in Cancer Immunotherapy™ (ACI) educational series, this course provides an overview on cancer immunotherapy for the treatment of melanoma and immune related adverse event management. The on-demand webinars, hosted by Dr. Lawson (Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University), and Dr. Lutzky (Mount Sinai Medincal Center) and, nurse, Jeanelle King (Mount Sinai Medical Center), gives an update on immunotherapy for the treatment of melanoma and immune related adverse event management. Stay up to date with the most recent clinical recommendations and research by exploring the curated Additional Resources tab.
The target audience includes clinical oncologists, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, emergency physicians, allied health professionals, other patient care providers, students and patient advocates. The course is designed to help all members of the cancer health care team stay connected with updates in the field of cancer immunotherapy.
SITC Online Education Disclaimer
A qualified healthcare professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product discussed. Readers should verify all information and data before treating patients or employing any therapies described in this educational activity.
Course Available Beginning: February 19, 2019
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with clinical data on the efficacy and mechanism of action of approved therapies
- Recognize patient selection criteria for approved therapies
- Understand appropriate dosing and sequencing therapies
- Improve the recognition, prevention and prompt management of cancer patients being treated with immunotherapy
- Identify strategies and develop treatment algorithms for the management of adverse events/toxicities associated with current approved immunotherapies
- Recognize and implement key point for patient education on the management of adverse events related to immunotherapies