The SITC Clinical Practice Guideline Webinar – Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Adverse Events, held on August 13, 2021, is available for continuing education credits.
Continuing Education Credit Information
Continuing Education Credits are available for physicians, nurses and pharmacists. To view full accreditation information, click here.
- Click the Register Now button.
- You will be prompted to log in or create a free account.
- Click the Request Credit/Certificate button.
- On the Manage Your Credit screen, follow the instructions to select the Credit Reporting Organization you wish to claim credit for. (Note: For pharmacist completers, enter your NABP# (required).) Then click Continue.
- Complete the evaluation. Then click Submit.
- On the Confirm All Information screen, verify your Credit Reporting Organization and click Process Credit.
- On the Education Credit Profile Screen, scroll down to the Submitted Credit section to view your certificate.
For Pharmacists: Pharmacists have up to 30 days to complete the online evaluation and claim credit for participation so that information can be submitted to the CPE Monitor as required.
The webinar is intended for healthcare providers who treat cancer patients, including oncologists, physicians, disease specialists, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and physician assistants engaged in care of patients receiving immune checkpoint inhibitor therapies.
Webinar Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Select appropriate diagnostics and biomarker testing for a patient being considered for immunotherapy based on the expert panel recommendations in the CPG
- Implement immunotherapy treatments effectively and appropriately according to the recommendations in the SITC CPG
- Appraise patterns of response to immunotherapy in order to appropriately monitor and manage patients during treatment
- Idenitfy signs and symptoms of common immunotherapy-related toxicities and implement appropriate management strategies based on the EP recommendations
- Describe considerations and available tools to assess and support patient quality of life during immunotherapy treatment
- Co-moderator: Julie R. Brahmer, MD, MSc – Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins (Expert Panel Chair)
- Co-moderator: Marc S. Ernstoff, MD – National Institute of Health (Expert Panel Chair)
- Paolo A. Ascierto, MD – Instituto Nazionale Tumori IRCCS, Fondazione 'G. Pascale' (Expert Panel Member)
- Gregory A. Masters, MD, FACP, FASCO – Helen F. Graham Cancer Center (Expert Panel Member)
- Igor Puzanov, MD, MSCI, FACP – Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Expert Panel Member)
The recorded webinar video and slides will be available here within 24 hours after the webinar concludes.
(Please note that the on-demand webinars are not available for continuing education credits.)
Jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer.
This webinar is supported, in part, by independent medical education grant funding from Amgen, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, Celgene Corporation and Merck & Co., Inc.