This article is for people who have advanced kidney cancer and their caregivers, or anyone who wants to learn more about advanced kidney cancer. The goal of this activity is to help people engage in shared decision-making with their doctor about treatment.
In this course, you will learn about:
- What advanced kidney cancer is
- Making a treatment plan with your doctor
- Treatment options for advanced kidney cancer
- Possible side effects of treatment
- Questions to ask your doctor
Available beginning: February 24, 2022
Approximate Time to Complete: 30 minutes
Developed through a partnership between SITC and Medscape.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Learn what chemotherapy is and how it is used to treat advanced bladder cancer
- Learn what checkpoint inhibitors are and how they are used to treat advanced bladder cancer
- Learn the potential side effects of chemotherapy and checkpoint inhibitors
- Learn why the side effects from chemotherapy and checkpoint inhibitors are different